|Allergy Control with Top Ten Spring Cleaning Tips to Reduce Allergies Control mold, dust mites, pet dander, and improve air quality with allergy products|
|Spring is around the corner and unfortunately, so is allergy season. Many allergies that are associated with spring are caused by poor indoor air quality in homes rather than just the pollen from spring flowers. Here are some quick tips to make your home or office allergy free.|
1. Test the indoor environmental conditions of your home. It is always a good idea to first test your home for: , , , cockroach allergens, fiberglass fibers, formaldehydes and other pollutants. There are several types of available starting at $39.95. Finding the specific problem can help alleviate asthma, headaches, coughing, eye and respiratory irritation, sneezing, fatigue and flu like symptoms.
2. Use in rooms where most of your time is spent. A good HEPA (high efficiency particulate absolute) air cleaner can remove up to 99.95% of airborne allergens from your household air! A high-grade air purifier is essential for allergy suffers in order to achieve excellent indoor air quality. HEPA air purifiers do require continued filter replacement, but when push comes to shove and you are in need of allergy relief, a good HEPA filter will do it for you.
3. Vacuum up pollen spores, dust mites and other allergens (including pet dander) with a high grade HEPA vacuum cleaner twice weekly. Vacuum walls, carpet, flooring, chairs and furniture°≠everywhere with a HEPA filter vacuum cleaner. Use the hand tools on the vacuum to get hard to reach areas. Good hand tools on your vacuum cleaner are the answer here. Also, installing a central vacuum will help pick up the rest of the allergens that may have been missed.
4. Sanitize, deodorize and disinfect your home with a vapor steam cleaner. Vapor steam cleaners are chemical free and are used to clean your floors, carpets, counters, appliances, upholstery, windows and much more. Steam cleaning kills dust mites, mold spores and other unwanted bacteria. It improves indoor air quality and reduces allergen counts and respiratory ailments. See our video.
5. Wash all bedding in 140-degree hot water at least twice weekly. This helps to eliminate dust mites, pet allergens and pollen. Use for your , and comforters to further protect yourself and your family from dust mites.
6. Shower and wash your hair every night before you go to bed. People bring pollen and other seasonal allergens into their homes on their clothes and their hair. Showering before bedtime is an effective way to keep allergens out of your bed.
7. Keep pets off of your bed and out of your bedroom. Sorry, this is a small price to pay for allergy relief. Your bedroom should be a sanctuary from allergens. So tempt your pets to sleep elsewhere. See our page
8. Reduce moisture levels with a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers help control mold and dust mites in the bathroom, kitchen and other water areas of the home. Also, fix leaks immediately and limit your home to a few houseplants.
9. Use a furnace filter to add protection and help clean your indoor air. Washable furnace filters will help effectively clean the air in your entire home with the use of your air purifier. Furnace Filters are permanent and work well when combined with the use of air cleaners.
10. You do not have to suffer this allergy season! If you follow steps 1-9, your spring allergies should be significantly decreased without expensive allergy prescriptions. Keeping on top of these steps takes a concerted effort, however, it will be well worth it once allergy season hits.
For more information, visit our Allergy Center for helpful articles and suggestions on allergy prevention.