|Nursing Care Plans: Nursing Diagnosis and Intervention
|List Price: $54.95
Our Price: $45.06
You Save: $9.89 (18%)
Nursing Care Plans, 6th Edition is the most comprehensive nursing care planning book on the market, with 183 care plans covering the most common nursing diagnoses and clinical problems in medical-surgical nursing. It reflects the most current clinical practice and professional standards in nursing and presents the content in an easy-to-use, reader-friendly format. The book functions as two books in one, with one section including a collection of nursing diagnosis care plans and the other providing a library of disease/disorder care plans that serve as models of care planning for the most common medical diagnoses, medical procedures, and psychosocial conditions seen in nursing practice.
- Includes the most extensive array of care plans found in any nursing care planning book, with 62 nursing diagnosis care plans and 121 disease/disorder/procedure care plans, for a total of 183.
- The nursing diagnosis care plan format includes a NANDA definition, a brief explanation of the diagnosis, related NOC outcomes and NIC interventions, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions.
- The disorders care plan format includes synonyms for the disorder (for ease in cross referencing), a clear and succinct definition of the disorder, related factors, defining characteristics, expected outcomes, NIC interventions and NOC outcomes, ongoing assessment, and therapeutic interventions for each relevant nursing diagnosis.
- Eye-catching icons distinguish collaborative from independent interventions.
- Covers adult lifespan issues and issues related to various healthcare settings to equip nurses for a broad range of practice settings, from hospital to home.
- Provides an alphabetical list of NANDA diagnoses inside the front cover.
- Includes new disease/disorder care plans for SARS, Lyme disease, West Nile virus, and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Includes new nursing diagnosis care plans for risk for falls, latex allergy response, nausea, and impaired memory.
- A revised care plan format makes this user-friendly reference even easier to use.
- Updated and expanded rationales throughout reflect the latest clinical evidence and clinical practice guidelines.
- Incorporates the 2005-2006 NANDA nursing diagnoses throughout.
- NIC and NOC classifications reflect the latest editions of Nursing Interventions Classification and Nursing Outcomes Classification.
- Sample care plan clips in Chapter 1 help orient the user to the rest of the book.
- The expanded index includes entries for all nursing diagnoses, medical diagnoses, and synonyms for the medical diagnoses.
- An expanded Evolve website now features 18 Bonus Care Plans.
- The revised Online Care Plan Constructor includes the four new nursing diagnosis care plans and offers enhanced functionality, allowing users to save created care plans and export them to their word processing program.
- Great Nursing Resource
Whether you're a student nurse or a seasoned nurse, this book of care plans is quite comprehensive, relevant, and easy to use. You will find nearly any nursing diagnosis in this text, with complete plans of care, well laid out for ease of adapting to your patients' situations. The nursing diagnoses are placed in very logical order, so it's fairly simple to find the right plan for patients.
Every nursing unit should have one available. Every school of nursing needs this....more info
- Not a good buy
This proved to be a waste of my money. I relyed on the reviews of other students; however, after receiving the care plan book, I realized it is very limited in context. There is nothing related to the eye, very limited care plans for women's or men's health. I now have to purchase another one so that I can have a more comprehensive listing of nursing care plans. Look around some more before you buy....more info
- A MUST HAVE!!
This book is a must have for nursing school. It wasn't the required book for our program, but after another student and I purchased this book, everyone was borrowing it. It was such a hit, the staff is adding it to the book list for new students. LOVE THIS BOOK!!...more info
- Great Book
The book was brand new and much cheaper than the college bookstore. I recieved it within a couple of days....more info
- care plans
This book is a must have for a nursing major. I use this every semester to help me write care plans. It is easy to understand and gives you all the information you need to write an effective plan....more info
- Nursing Care Plans: Nursing DX and Interventions
Being a first year nursing student with no previous exposure to care plans, I have found this book very useful in preparing paper work for clinicals. Each catagory of disease or illness is listed down the outer margin of each page for quick and easy look up. There are r/t and as evidenced by statements. Interventions are listed but there are no specific details to quantify them (time frames, amounts, how to put into action). Quantifying the interventions is the only downfall that I have found in using this book. If I had more experience this probably wouldn't be an issue....more info
- Great 'Beginner Book' for nursing students.
I was able to use this book at every care plan writing juncture for 3 different classes so far (Med-Surge I, Med Surg II, Therapeutic Use of Self, a little bit with Psych too). BUY IT FOLKS... trust me, you won't regret it. (Only reason I didnt give it all the stars is because I now feel that the book could be just a tad more detailed at times...but like I said, I still use it til this day)...more info
- Good for beginner
It's simple and easy to use for beginner student nurse. For higher level, I'm not sure if this will work....more info
- a must for 1st year nursing students!!
this book saved me .... I am a nursing student at molloy, this book was a must have for NUR215. Anyone wo has to do care plans should get this book, it has all the diagnosis with interventions, risks and related to information....more info
- Very Helpful Reference!!
This book has been very helpful in constructing careplans. I bought it while in complete distresswhile struggling to fit the pieces of the careplans together. This book gives good examples of organized careplans according to body systems. The teacher commented on how much my careplans have improved over the course of the semester. I highly recommend this book!!...more info
- Very basic
The entries contained in this text were very simplistic. Most of the interventions should have been common sense....more info
- Love this book
I am a second year nursing student and I bought this book at the beginning of the semester at the recommendation of a clinical instructor. The lay out of the book is clear and concise, making it easy to referance. It helped me with my nursing diagnoses and plan of care. A huge time saver when you aren't quite sure what direction to go in with your care plans for a tricky pt. Saved me hours of frustration that I had before getting this book. Other students borrowed it and then went on to buy it for themselves. It was worth every penny....more info
- Nursing Care Plans: Nursing Diagnosis and Intervention
This is a very good book for care plan help. Not alot of psychosocial but has an online resource that will help you too. ...more info
- Great for Nursing Students
I purchased this book when I started nursing shcool, and it has been nothing but helpful. This book is a must if you are a nursing student:)...more info
So far this book has been wonderful!! With all the careplans that a nurse and nursing student have to write, it's made my life a little easier! ...more info
- Big help for students
I started my first hospital clinical class this semester, and I was compleatly overwhelmed with the paperwork my professor presented us with. We had to come up with a nursing diagnosis, and care plans which listed out interventions and expected outcomes. I had no idea where to start! I bought this book when I asked my professor what I could use as a resourse to help me, and she told me to find a nursing care plan book that I liked. While I admit that a lot of the info is basic, and the interventions common sense, this book is a huge help when you have no idea where to start. It has both care plans for each nursing diagnosis and then the same for some medical diagnosises (though I'm not all that impressed with the lack of nursing diagnoses applied to each medical diagnosis).
Over all I would recomend this book to anyone who things their care plans need a bit of help--the info is laid out well and it givs a lot of answers for someone who is totally lost!...more info
- lifesaver for school!!
This book is a great help in school. I really like the way they organized the careplans by nursing diagnosis, then medical diagnosis...makes it easier to navigate what you are looking for....more info
- nursing care plans
This book is awesome. I first purschased the fourth edition when I was in LPN school and it was the only one I ever needed. Then in my RN school we were required to purchase a different care plan book which was only o.k. I purchased the fifth edition and was so happy with it, I bought the current edition. I have many care planbooks, written by many different authors and this is the one I use the most. Highly recommended....more info
- Just what I needed!
This care plan book arrived just as it was described. Purchase I am glad I made....more info
- Hard to follow
This book isn't layed out that great. There's no index that helps find certain care plans. You have to flip through practically the whole book to find what you're looking for.
I had to go out and buy a different care plan book to help with my nursing care plans because this one wasn't very well organized in my opinion....more info
- Good referece book for clinicals
This book is a great quick reference for preclinical preparation. It covers the most common diseases and medical conditions. The nursing interventions, rationales, and expected outcomes were actuate and easy to understand. ...more info
- Best Care Plan Book
I bought this book for nursing school, after I bought the one our school had me buy. This one is so much better, to the point and really helps with care plans. It even has decent rationales. This book got me through nursing school with flying colors. Love it and highly recommended. ...more info
|Old Release Old Products|