|List Price: $31.95
Our Price: $24.74
You Save: $7.21 (23%)
Quickly master the basics of medical terminology and begin speaking and writing terms almost immediately! Based on Davi Chabner's effective learning methods, this book's straightforward approach omits time-consuming, nonessential information and focuses on helping you actively build a working vocabulary of the most frequently encountered suffixes, prefixes, and word roots. Terms are introduced in the context of human anatomy and physiology to help you understand exactly what they mean, and case studies and vignettes throughout the book demonstrate how they're used in practice. With all this plus NEW animations and games on the companion CD, you'll be amazed at how easily medical terminology becomes part of your vocabulary.
- Self-teaching text/workbook approach reinforces learning every step of the way with labeling diagrams, pronunciation tests, and review sheets throughout the book.
- Simple, clear, non-technical explanations of terms demystify medical terminology even if you've had little or no background in medicine or science.
- UNIQUE Medical Scramble activity challenges you to unscramble the letters of terms - a fun way to improve your spelling accuracy and word recognition.
- UNIQUE Medical Detective activity on the student CD presents scenarios with missing information that you must locate in order to correctly answer questions.
- Case studies and vignettes illustrate real-life applications of medical terms.
- UNIQUE Illustrations in the Spanish glossary include labels in both English and Spanish to help you understand terms you are likely to encounter in the health care setting.
- Additional online student resources on the companion Evolve website include extra quizzes, an English-Spanish glossary of over 5,000 terms, and the Body Spectrum Electronic Anatomy Coloring Book program.
- New audio CD packaged with the text provides correct pronunciations of terms and definitions.
- The improved student CD packaged with the text offers even more interactive ways to learn, featuring NEW Archie MD animations, fun games, labeling exercises, Medical Detective activities, and an image glossary.
- Spotlights highlight easily confused medical terms to improve your ability to distinguish the meanings of terms.
- Picture Show activities present an image of a condition, disorder, or structure, followed by a series of questions about the image, giving you the opportunity to apply what you've learned.
- More NEW, updated photos of pathology familiarize you with medical conditions and associated terminology.
- I enjoy this very much
I have learned a lot reading this book. I work in medical records and transcribe dictations and this has really helped me a lot in this area being that I have no medical terminology knowledge at all. I love the CD that comes with it, you can take test over and over on it. It's awesome.
- Medical Terminology by Chabner with student CD
Well illustrated with lots of color illustrations. Easy to read and understand text. Diagrams are clear and concise. Interactive learn by doing text provides many opportunities to apply what the student has just learned. CD (included with text) provided additional info and video clips. ...more info
- Quick Medical Terminology
This is a required text for the PA program I'll be attending and a decent book. This is a review session in med. term. for me, but the author includes anatomy pictures and descriptions of surgical procedures for the reader to supplement the wave of medical jargon/Latin coming at them. Very short - only 5 chapters, I believe - but it gets right to the point after a chapter of introduction to the language....more info
- RN to be!
I am entering the nursing field and this book gave me a great jump start. I can't believe how much I learned just in the first chapter! The book has A LOT of reviews which definitely helped me understand and memorize terms. The whole structure of the book is super easy to understand. I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who is thinking of entering any part of the medical profession....more info
- Great Book
This book is easy to follow and has really helped me in my new job....more info
- Medical Terminology: A Short Course
This book is very good, I'm taking a course at East Los Angeles Skills Center in Los Angeles,and there are useing this book it easy to read and understand....more info
- Excellent Inroductory Book
As a Sales Manager looking to get into nursing this is a great introductory book! Highly recommended....more info
- Great book!
I bought this book to help reinforce the online course that I was taking. The exercises are great and use a building block approach which breaks down the terminology into the roots and stems of the words. This makes it easy to get a real understanding of the terminology and be able to build as you get into the harder words. The enclosed CD is also great! It's like having an instructor in your home....more info
- busy learning
The book was as described...In good condition. Came in a short amount of time. THANKS!!...more info
- Medical terminology book
it was in great condition and i recieved it just in time before my first quiz so good timing on shipping!...more info
- Very easy to read
This is a great work book for first time students who want to learn medical terminology, like me!...more info
- Book Works
The book worked great and got me ready for what I needed. The shipping time was also excellent...more info
- Very informative and easy to follow.
I purchased this book to refresh my knowledge. I had enrolled in college and wanted to test out of their Medical Terminology course. I had taken Anatomy & Physiology in the past and had worked as a medical secretary in a hospital so I was looking to feel more confident with my word knowledge. This book was easy to follow and was very helpful. It has a lot of diagrams and pictures to give visual aids. I took the exam and passed....more info
- It's a recomended book!
This book is great for anybody who study by themself without register to any medical terminology classes. It is easy to follow, understand, and remember. aslo, there are a lot of practices that help us really getting in to it....more info