IQAir HealthPro Plus HEPA Air Purifier - Air Cleaner with with Gas and Odor Filter - HyperHepa Technology
List Price: $845.00
Our Price: $794.99
You Save: $50.01 (6%)
The HealthPro Plus is IQAir's best selling room air purifier. It combines four advanced filtration technologies to effectively remove a large variety of particulate and molecular air pollutants. Due to its wide effectiveness range it is equally well suited for health conscious individuals as those suffering from a range of respiratory ailments.
The molecular effectiveness makes this device also suitable for asthma sufferers, as asthma sufferers are often sensitized to molecular irritants, as well as allergens.
The HealthPro Plus has received more #1 reviews than any other air purifier.
HealthPro Plus Awards
* Allergy Buyers Club: Category Winner
* Wired Magazine Test: Best Air Purifier
* Consumer Guide Best Buy
* Reviewboard Magazine: Product of the Year
* Consumer Digest Best Buy
* Test Magazine: Category Winner
* Newsweek Odor Tested
* Mold spore control
* Pet dander control (cat, dog, etc.)
* House dust mite allergen control
* Pollen control
Light Molecular control
* Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) control
* Molecular (gaseous chemical) control
Light odor control
* Pet odors
* Musty odors
* Cooking odors
* Paint odors
Complex air pollution control
* General indoor air pollution control
* Light tobacco smoke control
* Wild-fire smoke control
1. Micro-particle filtration
Eliminates micro-particles such as pollen, pet dander and mold spores.
2. Granular activated carbon adsorption
Eliminates volatile organic compounds (VOC), which are responsible for odors.
3. Pelletized chemisorption
Destroys harmful chemicals, such as formaldehyde, by an oxidation process inside a chemically active alumina pellet.
4. HyperHEPA filtration
Eliminates bacteria, viruses and combustion particles from automobiles and smoke, through a nano-fiber structure.
Rated the most effective air cleaner for allergies by Germany's consumer foundation
Quietly cleans up to 900 sq. ft. room - No harmful ozone
Remote control, integrated timer and filter life monitor
Uses same Hyper HEPA technology used in clean rooms and hospitals
30 Day money back guarantee & Full 5 year manufacturer's warranty - Free Shipping
Know the market first I have done extensive research on indoor air purifier and the thing is, you do not want the one that is 1) heavy and ugly 2) Nosy 3) expensive to run it 4) expensive to maintain 5) Does not function as well for the money. I came up with THE BEST air purifier there is on the market AIR SOURCE 3000 by Shaklee. One SMALL unit covers up to 3000 Sq feet, no filter to chance, they look like an art, quite and energy saving, kills bacteria and virus, and DOES the job it is supposed to. I will think twice before you buy one of these ugly heavy bulky expensive appliance. ...more info
The Ultimate Air Cleaner The best air purifier I have ever seen. Easy to use, very quite, cleans the air fast and efficient. AAA+++...more info
An overpriced ripoff and poor technical service This was supposedly a top-of-the-line air cleaner but I believe it was an overpriced rip-off and let me tell you why:
(1) Within one week of purchasing this unit from an authorized internet vendor, the unit got stuck at high speed and would not return to lower speed. Called vendor (who would pay you $20 to give them a good review) and they told me I could return it within the 30-day guarantee period. No help from them and no help from IQAir. Luckily, it returned to normal after one week.
(2) The power cable kept popping out. The castors at the bottom would break easily if you keep moving them around (not very well made). The most annoying part is any speed higher than 3 (up to 6) are very noisy and will wake you up. At speed 6 it sounds like a jet plane.
(3) After owning it for not quite 4 months and without using it for 2 weeks, it started emitting funny odor from the unit. The literature did warn you that chemical smell would be emitted from the V5-cell filter (specific for HealtPro Plus) come with this unit and any people who are sensitive to this type of smell may want to run it in an open space for 3 hours prior to its first use. However, this smell was generated after running the unit almost four months.
(4) The worse part was when trying to call their technical serivce. Called a total of six times in one day and could not get hold of anybody. To be fair, the person did call me back one time but missed me. Had to correspond by e-mails. He instructed me to keep only one filter in the unit at a time (Shlef 3 on top: Hepa filter; second: V5-cell filter and bottom Premax filter). They are a pain on the neck to take off but became easier when you got the hang of it. Found out it was the V5-cell (that was supposed to get rid of odor) actually emit the funny odor. The tecnical person at first said he would sell me another V5-cell filter prorated but changed his mind when I protested and decided to send me a new one free of charge. I honestly expect much better customer service (for solving problems and response time) from a company selling such expensive model. If this company does not improve its technical service, it is going be in troubles in a year or two with a bad economy. Why pay so much to suffer? ISE gives a 3-year in-home service for their hot-water dispensers, that is what I would call good service.
(5) You are better off just buy the IQAir HealthPro model because if you add $89 for the V5-cell filter to change it to a HealthPro Plus model it will still be cheaper than the price of a HealthPro Plus. They did not tell you that on the front end. My adivce is not to get the V5-cell filter at all because I do not believe it has as long as a shelf life the company claims. I beleive you almost have to change it more often in order to avoid funny odor.
(6) If you do not buy from IQAir, you have to be very careful. Many of these vendors have a restocking fee or a limited returning period for the unit. However, they do offer free shipping.
I believe I would not have so annoyed if I would have obtained better customer service (technical service) from IQAir. To me if they are a top-of-the-line air cleaning company they should act like one and offer their quality customer services equivalent to the quality of their products. Otherwise, they would soon be out of business just like all other companises who have great products but with poor services. Do you agree? I hope somebody from IQAir will read my comment and do something about it....more info
Best air filter I own I have several air purifiers throughout my apartment. My son and wife have severe allergies and we needed something more than what we had. I bought the IQ air purifier and we no longer smell the smoke wafting from other apartments. Going from the hallway through our door is like night and day. One side is smokey, the other side smells like nothing at all. I can't say enough about this purifier. I would highly recommend this to anyone with allergies....more info
FANTASTIC EQUIPMENT After 1 month of use, this IQAir unit earns my highest recommendation. I researched air purifiers for about a week before buying two IQAir units, one with the odor filter (Pro-Plus), and one without (Pro) to help with allergies and asthma symptoms that my family suffers from. Both of them work absolutely perfectly, with significant symptom relief within the first week of use. The packaging was very secure, with each unit contained in double boxes similar to what you find with high-end stereo equipment, including thick styrofoam inserts for cushioning. The unpacked units were sparkling new and clean, with an inspection page that detailed the performance actual performance for my unit at each of the five individual speeds. The manual was nicely organized and easy to comprehend.
These are sturdy units that are somewhat heavy, but come with a convenient handle recessed on the top, as well caster wheels (which are optional to install) to roll the unit if you need to move it periodically. The manual recommends clearance of at least 12 inches on all sides for optimal performance, so keep this in mind for placement in your room. It is noisy at the highest setting, but works very effectively at quieter settings 2 or 3 in my 13' x 16' room. I also use an IQAir unit in a 20 x 20 room, and it cleans the air very well at setting 3. My son noticed so much improvement in his allergies and breathing after just two days of use, that when I moved the unit to another room for a night, he begged me to return it to his bedroom. We went on vacation for a few days, and he said that he could not wait to get back home because he missed the IQAir purifier.
If you are comparing the units with and without the odor filter, even the one without the odor filter leaves the air smelling fresh and clean. In fact, for the first week, the one with the odor filter had a bit of a peculiar smell to it, which might have been coming from the odor filter itself. Unless you have a really significant odor problem, you can save the extra $100 that you pay for the "Pro-Plus" over the "Pro" model. The units look identical from the outside, and you can order a retrofit assembly from the IQAir if you later want to convert your "Pro" to "Pro Plus." Each unit has a remote that is slightly larger than a credit card, which is very convenient if I want to change the setting after I get into bed.
In summary, these IQAirs are well worth the price, which isn't as much as it seems after you factor in the yearly filter replacement cost, which is lower than most other brands. I wish that I had discovered IQAir years ago, before wasting my money on other air purifiers. I am so impressed that I am about to order a third IQAir to use in my office. I have previously owned the following air purifiers, none of which came anywhere close to my IQAir units: Oreck XL Air8D, Oreck XL 4000, Holmes (various sizes), Honeywell (the largest big round one), Sharper Image (Ionic Breeze). I hated cleaning the Oreck units, which were overpriced, and their replacement filters were also very expensive on a yearly basis. The Orecks also left a lot of dust all around them. The motor burned out on my large Oreck unit just after the two year warranty expired. The Honeywell filter was also very expensive, and the unit was extremely noisy. The Holmes units were ok for very small rooms, but had to be on the noisiest high setting to notice any air cleaning, had flimsy construction, and required frequent filter changes. The Sharper Image units were basically useless, as they did not improve the air quality or our allergy symptoms; they went back to the store after three weeks....more info
Professional air purifier I put this in the nursery after I substantially remodeled it in anticipation of my daughter's birth. I wanted to be sure to protect her little lungs from old house dust and construction related out-gassing. As a side benefit, my wife's allergies to the pets have disappeared, even though this filter is in another adjacent room. At fan setting 1, this filter is nearly silent. Fan settings 5 and 6 are quite noisy....more info
works great I have this in my room and it seems to work great. No really sure how to quantify it since it turns out I can't see the micro-bacteria that it filters, but my allergic friends do better with my cats when I have this in their room.
This unit has been top rated on many many websites, and it works great in my home too. If you're going to drop this much money on an air-filter, might as well get the best since you know its going to work.
Great Product I noticed the impact almost on the first night... clean air and comfortable sleep at night.
I have allergy and asthma and I usually hesitate to cook since the smell after that bothers me but I decided to give it a try after I bought this purifier and the smell did not bother me at all because there was almost none after I finished cooking.
So overall, the product delivers. It is expensive yes, but you are not going to buy something like this every month or year so you might as well invest in the best product there is for your health....more info
Excellent Air Purifier I have owned the IQAir HealthPro Plus for about a year, and would rate it as the best air purifier on the market. If you have chemical sensitivities, however, be aware that the unit will "outgas" for several days when it is first operated. This releases fumes into the air that may cause problems for those with asthma. I was unable to use the activated charcoal filter for this reason and am now running the IQAir without it. Even so, air filtration is great... I sleep well at night and no sneezing or coughing at all. I plan to buy a second one for out beach house....more info