The large easy-to-read digital display on this 12,000 BTU air conditioner gives you an instant gauge of a room's comfort level. Traveling easily from place to place, the portable unit provides quiet and efficient cooling without permanent installation. Self-evaporating, it removes moisture from the air while the carbon filter helps remove odors. Built-in water tray captures errant drips or use the pull-out tube for continuous drainage. Extendable exhaust hose. Runs on 120V/60Hz. Uses 950 watts. Imported. 15-3/4Hx30-1/2Wx15-1/2D".
Designed to provide quite and efficient cooling without permanent installation
Removes moisture for personal comfort, activated carbon filter helps remove odor
Extendable exhaust hose (up to 5'), remote control and built-in water tray or extended tube for continuous drainage
15.75x15.5x30.5; 78lbs; runs on 120V, 60Hz, uses 950Watts
Poor at drying the air & very cumbersome to move We have the WA-1220M model of this product (virtually identical). If you stand right in front on it, up to about 5 feet away, it's nice. However, it has several drawbacks:
1. It isn't very good at drying the air; evaporation is needed for effective air-conditioning (whether in your car or your home).
2. It must be drained of the water it does pull from the air, and draining the unit is very cumbersome. It comes with a small flexible plastic tube that has to be connected to the rear bottom of the unit; the other end must be lower in order to drain or the unit really does very little and although there's an indicator light that will come on if the unit is quite full of water, it's very rare that the light comes on (and it only does so LONG after the unit has stopped cooling the air). We have taken to wrapping a large towel around the far end of the tube to collect water that drains, but basically you must tilt the heavy unit backwards to try to drain it. This is not particularly effective but it must be done.
3. It has wheels, but it doesn't roll easily (it's hard to push or pull it in a straight line and the wheels are so small even getting over a low rug is difficult.
4. Moving the unit up or down a single step can be accomplished by one person but since the entire unit is made of very smooth, slippery plastic (it has handles but they're very shallow & not helpful), it's more safely accomplished with two people.
5. Consider that this unit, while mobile, sacrifices a good window seal. The large exhaust hose (which pumps the hot air outside) resembles a telescoping dryer hose that easily falls out of the backside of the unit and is awkward to extend evenly. The unit comes with a smallish piece of foam with a cutout hole for the hose. However, you are left with having to find some way to block the rest of whatever window you choose to put the hole into. We use a large carboard box panel and cut a hole out of, then duct-tape the box into the window opening to block out air seepage. As you can imagine, it looks pretty tacky.
Save your money I bought this sytem thinking it would at least provide some comfort from the Southern Cal heatwave we got durring the summer of 2006. Bottom line, IT DID NOT. The square footage of the top floor of our apartment is approximately 500 square feet. The largest temperature drop was from 91 degreees to 89 degrees at 9:00PM. Even sitting directly in front of the system's fan (approx 10 feet away) did little to cool one person, so forget about cooling a small room. Please look elsewhere if you want a room larger than a small closet cooled....more info
Dont waste your money For its size and BTU rating I had expected much more from this unit. It is a pain to drain the collected condensed water tank, several times a day. It operates very warm, which makes this more of a heater and less of a cooling device. Even with the remove and clean filter a lot of dust still gets into the case, and instead of using standard philips screwdriver for the body they use several different head styles some of which are expensive. In addition, when i first got it, it did work but only if you stood in front of the vent, meaning that when it does work if you want to benefit from its use you have to sit in front of it. Bottom line, save your money and get a better one. ...more info