Sunpentown WA-1000E Portable Air Conditioner 10,000BTU with 3-in-1 Technology
List Price: $375.44
Our Price: $375.44
Specifications: Stay COOL and breathe fresher air with our WA-1010E units. Enjoy a comfortable year-round environment with an air conditioner unit. Cooling, dehumidifying and fan features all in one. Powered by a 10,000btu cooling capacity, it ideally cools area up to 250sq.ft. Uses new UL required LCDI (Leakage-Current Detection and Interruption) plug . Self-Evaporating Technology - during the cooling process, water is extracted from the air into the unit. Most of this water is then recycled and used to cool the cooling coils and make it run more efficiently, cooling as well as energy. Note: Exhaust hose installation required (all standard accessories included). Features Include: 10,000btu cooling power Self evaporating system Digital temperature display 2 fan speeds LCDI plug Fire resistant PVC plastic housing Removes moisture for personal comfort (dehumidifier functions automatically in AC mode) Activated carbon filter helps remove odor Washable air filter collects dust particles Casters for easy mobility Digital thermostat with remote control Choice of programmable timer or continuous operation Preset timer available, up to 12 hours Directional air discharge louvers Extendable exhaust hose (up to 5ft.) Built-in water tank or extended water tube for continuous drainage *This unit has no heating mode. For heating unit, please see WA1010H. Specifications Cooling capacity 10,000btu / hour Power consumption 873W / 8.15A Air volume 470 m3/h Moisture removal 38 pints / day Window kit material foam Operating temp 62 ~ 110¡ãF Thermostat
Fire Resistant PVC Plastic Housing
Activated Carbon Filter helps remove odor
Digital Thermostat Control
Built-in water tank or Extended water tube for continuous drainage
Poor at drying the air & very cumbersome to move We have the WA-1220M model of this product (virtually identical). If you stand right in front on it, up to about 5 feet away, it's nice. However, it has several drawbacks:
1. It isn't very good at drying the air; evaporation is needed for effective air-conditioning (whether in your car or your home).
2. It must be drained of the water it does pull from the air, and draining the unit is very cumbersome. It comes with a small flexible plastic tube that has to be connected to the rear bottom of the unit; the other end must be lower in order to drain or the unit really does very little and although there's an indicator light that will come on if the unit is quite full of water, it's very rare that the light comes on (and it only does so LONG after the unit has stopped cooling the air). We have taken to wrapping a large towel around the far end of the tube to collect water that drains, but basically you must tilt the heavy unit backwards to try to drain it. This is not particularly effective but it must be done.
3. It has wheels, but it doesn't roll easily (it's hard to push or pull it in a straight line and the wheels are so small even getting over a low rug is difficult.
4. Moving the unit up or down a single step can be accomplished by one person but since the entire unit is made of very smooth, slippery plastic (it has handles but they're very shallow & not helpful), it's more safely accomplished with two people.
5. Consider that this unit, while mobile, sacrifices a good window seal. The large exhaust hose (which pumps the hot air outside) resembles a telescoping dryer hose that easily falls out of the backside of the unit and is awkward to extend evenly. The unit comes with a smallish piece of foam with a cutout hole for the hose. However, you are left with having to find some way to block the rest of whatever window you choose to put the hole into. We use a large carboard box panel and cut a hole out of, then duct-tape the box into the window opening to block out air seepage. As you can imagine, it looks pretty tacky.