|List Price: $9.99
Our Price: $7.99
You Save: $2.00 (20%)
Use it as a learning tool and as a reference guide to decoding medical terminology and abbreviations. Over 2,000 abbreviations including medical organizations and personnel, Latin abbreviations, Prefixes, Suffixes, and Combining Forms, List of medical roots, Measurement Units, Anatomical terms with color diagrams for Position, Direction, and Motion.
Intended for everyone interested in medicine including medical students, nursing and dental students, nurses and doctors.
- Over 2,000 abbreviations.
- Abbreviations for medical organizations and personnel.
- Latin abbreviations.
- Prefixes, Suffixes, and Combining Forms.
- List of medical roots.
- Anatomical terms with color diagrams for Position, Direction, and Motion
- Measurement Units: Metric system (SI), SI writing style, Powers of 10 prefixes, United States customary units
- Access the guide anytime, anywhere - at home, on the train, in the subway.
- Always have the guide available for a quick reference.
- Multi-Platform device capability (PDA, smartphone, PC)
- Search for the words or phrases
- Navigate from Table of Contents or read page by page
- Add Bookmarks
- Text annotation and mark-up
Examples of abbreviations that start with 'a'
- A&Ox3 Alert and Oriented to person, place, and time
- A&Ox4 Alert and Oriented to person, place, time, and circumstances (often used interchangeably with A&Ox3)
- AAA Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Ab Antibody
- ABC aspiration biopsy cytology
- ABD or abd abdomen
- ABG Arterial blood gases
- ABMT Autologous bone marrow transplantation
- ABPI Ankle brachial pressure index
- ABVD doxorubicin bleomycin vinblastine dacarbazine First-line treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- ABX antibiotics "Bugjuice"
- a.c. before food, from Latin, ante cibum
- ACE Angiotensin converting enzyme
- ACEI Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors
- ACh Acetylcholine
- ACL Anterior cruciate ligament
- ACLS Advanced cardiac life support
- ACTH Adrenocorticotropic hormone
- AD Alzheimer's Disease
- ADA Adenosine deaminase
- ADC AIDS dementia complex
- ADD Attention Deficit Disorder
- ADH Antidiuretic hormone
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- ADL activities of daily living
- ad lib as desired from Latin, ad libitum
- adm admission
- ADR Adverse drug reaction
- ADR Ain't doin' right
- AEM Ambulatory electrocardiogram monitoring
- AF atrial fibrillation
- AF Amniotic fluid
- AFB acid fast bacilli
- AFO ankle-foot orthosis
- AFP Alpha-fetoprotein
- Ag Antigen
- AGMI Ain't Gonna Make It
- AHF Antihemophilic factor
- AHG Antihemophilic globulin
- AHH aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase
- AI Artificial insemination
- AI Aortic insufficiency
- AICD Automatic implanted cardiac defibrillator
- AID Artificial insemination by donor
- AIDS Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- AIH artificial insemination by husband
- aka also known as
- AKA Above knee amputation
- ALG Antilymphocytic globulin
- ALL Acute lymphocytic leukemia
- ALP Alkaline phosphatase
- ALPS Autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome
Download more e-Books from MobileReference:
- FREE 20 language Phrasebook.
- FREE Periodic Table of Elements.
- FREE Weights and Measures Quick-Study Guide.
- FREE Hangover Remedy Guide.
- Travel Guides for nearly every place in the world - FREE general info, map, and basic phrasebook in each trial version.
- Quick-Study Guides for every college subject.
- Medical Quick-Study Guides.
- Medical and Health Reference Books.
- History Books.
- Encyclopedias: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, and more.
- The Holy Bible.
- Do-It-Yourself Books, and many more...
- Great Vocab Foundation for Med School
A nurse I worked with recommended this book to me and told me it would give me a great foundation for the world of medical jargon. It was very helpful and well-designed programmed learning that really gave me a head start in med school....more info
- Excellent for Beginners like me!
I'm an interpreter and this book is being very exciting to read, easy to carry around and easy to understand. It has graphics, and tests is a very good book. ...more info
- This Book is Great!
This book is very easy to understand. The exercises are interesting and helpful. It has taught me so much. ...more info
- A Must Have
This is a great thing to have for anyone entering into the medical industry. Well worth getting and a great price too!...more info
- Great foundation for medical terminology!
I am currently halfway through the lessons of this book and I love it. I am working through it during my Christmas break between semesters. It is set up in an easy, quick way to learn, not only the meanings, but also the rules of building the words. It also has an extra appendix to teach you how to build words that use special (not commonly used) spellings when speaking in plural forms. You can go as quickly or as slowly as you need to. This is an excellent source for anyone going into a medical profession or for individuals just wanting to expand their vocabulary....more info
- Good book
The only medical terms I knew, before I got this book, were from "House" the Tv show. I didn't even understand much of it then. I can't wait to go back and watch it over and understand what they are saying. ...more info
- Wonderful help!
Being new to the field of medical transcription, this book did a great job of exposing me to how words are constructed. It breaks them down and helped me to learn the impressive vocabulary that's required. It's been a wonderful asset!!...more info
- Medical Terminology Book
So far I have read through the book and it looks like it is going to be very helpful! It is also a very interesting book. I like how it shows you the breakdown of the words....more info
- Okay For the price
When I first got my Kindle 2 I knew I would put an abbreviation dictionary into it. I am a nurse who reviews charts. This book is just okay. It is missing some of the more less common medical abbreviations used. I will probab/y use my Sanders on my job. This book is great if you are not as involved in the documentation area of the medical field. Keep that in mind if you order this book. ...more info
- Quick and Easy
This book is very useful in learning helpful medical terminology. It is easy to use and has helpful quizes at the end of each chapter....more info
- Medical Terminology
Great book. Easy to understand and programmed text creates a good way of reinforcing what is learned. I have bought copies for all of my office staff and they find it very helpful....more info
- Good for self quizzing
This is a straightforward book. Lots of quizzes and questions for easy self testing....more info
- Good basic terminology, helps memorization
This is a great book for learning basic terminology. It helps you to be able to break words down and understand them. Lots of opportunity for review. This book was very helpful to me....more info
- "Quick" Medical Terminology Guide
Easy learning for those looking to break into the medical world. This guide simplifies the process in a fast and efficient way. I would highly suggest it to anyone who is planning to take a medical terminology class. This book is well worth the price!...more info
- Quick Medical Terminology
This made a wonderful gift for my grand daughter who is an EMT going for her certification to be a Paramedic....more info
- Great book for people who want to learn medical terminology quickly!
I looked at a number of medical terminology books at the library before deciding to purchase Quick Medical Terminology: A Self-Teaching Guide, 4th edition. This book truly is great for people who need to learn medical terminology quickly. It also teaches a little about body systems. The author keeps the book interesting and makes learning medical terminology fun....more info
- Med Terminology
Good book for beginners...I am a nurse and my daughter is starting school for her Associate towards her nursing degree...good book....more info