|Holmes HAP500 Series HEPA Air Purifier Instructions|
HEPA Air Purifier Instructions
PLEASE READ AND SAVE THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS
1. Read all instructions before using the appliance.
2. To avoid fire or shock hazard, plug the appliance directly into a 120V AC electrical outlet.
3. If the filter is covered by a bag when shipped: Remove plastic bag over filter before use.
4. Keep the cord out of heavy traffic areas. To avoid fire hazard, NEVER put the cord under rugs, near heat registers, radiator, stoves, or heaters.
5. To protect against electrical hazards, DO NOT immerse in water or other liquids. Do not use near water.
6. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children, or by disabled people.
7. Always unplug the air purifier before moving it, opening the grill, changing filters, cleaning, or whenever the air purifier is not in use. Be sure to pull by the plug and not the cord.
8. NEVER drop or insert any object into any openings.
9. DO NOT operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug, if motor fan fails to rotate, after the appliance malfunctions, or if it has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return appliance to manufacturer for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, or repair.
10. Use appliance only for intended household use as described in this manual. Any other use not recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, or injury to persons. The use of attachments not recommended or sold by The Holmes Group (or Bionaire) may
11. DO NOT use outdoors.
12. NEVER block the air openings, grilles/outlets or place on a soft surface such as a bed or sofa, as this could cause the unit to tip over, blocking the Air Intake Opening/Grill.
13. Keep unit away from heated surfaces and open flames.
14. DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions on this unit. Doing so will void your warranty. The inside of the unit contains no user serviceable parts. All servicing should be performed by qualified personnel only.
15. WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, DO NOT use this air purifier with any solid-state speed control device.
16. DO NOT place anything on top of unit.
Cord and Plug Installation Safety Instructions
The length of cord used on this appliance was selected to reduce the
hazards of becoming tangled in, or tripping over a longer cord. If a longer cord is necessary an approved extension cord may be used. The electrical rating of the extension cord must be equal to or greater than the rating of the air purifier. Care must be taken to arrange the extension cord so that it will not drape over the countertop or tabletop where it can be pulled on by children or accidentally tripped over.
Congratulations on your purchase of a Holmes Air Purifier. Its versatility and quiet operation make this unit perfect for both the home and the office.
Your Holmes Air Purifier 500 Model Series incorporates the latest technology in portable air filtration.
? Exclusive Holmes HEPA filter system removes 99.97% of all airborne particulate as small as 0.3 microns from air passing through the filter.
? The No Escape VaccuumSeal? helps reduce air bypass and ensure maximum clean air delivery, by sealing the filter against the main housing.
? A powerful turbo fan system, operated by a rugged, long life GE motor, quietly pulls the air in through the front inlet grill.
? Polluted room air passes through a carbon odor filter that removes larger airborne particles such as lint, dust and pollen and also helps filter out odors. Next the air continues through a pleated long life HEPA filter. This filter removes particles as small as 0.3 microns filtering dust, pollen, smoke, mold spores and pet dander.
? The purified air is then returned to the room through the top grill. The upward movement of the filtered air promotes efficient room circulation without unpleasant drafts.
1. Carefully unpack your Air Purifier. Select a firm, level place where there are no obstructions to the air inlet (front grill) or filtered air outlet (top of unit).
2. Remove front grill by lifting up the side latches and pulling the front grill forward towards you.
3. Locate the carbon filter. Remove the protective plastic bag from the carbon
filter. Insert the Carbon filter against the main (HEPA) filter, so that the sides of the carbon filter are held by the tabs on the sides of the HEPA filter. Write the installation date on the top of the HEPA filter.
4. Check to make sure that the HEPA filter is securely in place. TAB (B) should now be completely visible on the outside of the HEPA filter. If TAB (B) is not visible, re-install the HEPA filter by inserting the top of the filter first, then swinging in the bottom of the HEPA filter until it "clicks " into place.(See fig. 2) Re-check the carbon filter to make sure that it is still securely in place.
5. Locate the battery cover on front of the main housing above the filter. Pull the battery holder out of its compartment and replace batteries one at a time (figure 4).
6. Replace the front grill by first inserting the three tabs on the top of the front grill. Then swing in the bottom of the front grill and press the grill firmly onto the unit until the grill locks into place against the main housing. Push the side latches downward to lock on the front grill.
There are four speed settings, the first being the lowest. As you turn the knob clockwise, the speed increases until you reach the highest setting.
FILTER CHECK (for HAP570, 575 and 580)
Filter Check tracks the accumulated time your air purifier has been in use. When the timer has reached 8000 hours on your LCD Display, it is time to check your filter.
1. Turn off and unplug the Air Purifier.
2. the front grill by lifting up the side latches and pulling the front grill toward you.
3. Check the carbon filter for any looseness or a noticeable amount of dirt or lint. Pull back the carbon filter to expose the HEPA filter. Match the color of the pleated HEPA filter to the colors shown on the Filter Condition Indicator label. If the filter has changed from white to a dark gray or brown color, it is time to replace the filter (Please refer to Filter Replacement Instructions).
4. If you have changed the filter it is important to reset the LCD Filter Check. Using a thin small object (such as a paper clip or pen tip) to insert in reset hole, press once to reset the display to again show "0000". The bottom of the display will have a flashing clock. This indicates that filter check is working properly.
Please note that the RESET button will operate only after the display has reached 8000 hours. If reset button is pressed before 8000 hours, nothing will happen.
BATTERY REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
(For HAP570, 575 and 580)
NOTE: Do not mix old and new batteries. Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc), or rechargabble (nickel-cadmium) batteries.
1. After checking or replacing the filters, it is necessary to replace the timer batteries. Locate the battery cover on the front of the main housing above the filter. Slide the battery cover upward to expose the batteries. Then pull the battery holder out of its compartment.
2. Unwrap the new "AA" size alkaline batteries. Remove 1 old battery from the battery holder and replace it with a new battery. Remove the other used battery and replace it with a new battery (See fig. 4).
NOTE: IT IS IMPORTANT TO REPLACE EACH BATTERY ONE AT A TIME TO PREVENT TIMER MEMORY LOSS. REMOVAL OF BOTH BATTERIES CAUSES THE TIMER TO RESET.
3. Gently place the battery holder back inside the main housing and slide the battery cover closed.
4. Replace the front grill by first inserting the three tabs on the top of the front grill. Swing in the bottom of the front grill and press grill firmly onto the unit until the grill locks into place against the main housing. Push side latches downward to lock on the front grill.
5. Plug in and turn on the air purifier.
CLEANING AND MAINTENACE INSTRUCTIONS
1) Turn the air purifier off and unplug it before cleaning.
2) The outside of the air purifier and the outlet grill can be cleaned with a soft, clean dampened cloth.
3) If you wish to clean the inside of the air purifier, please only use a dry, soft cloth to wipe it down.
FILTER REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
1) Use the Filter Life Indicator as a guide to filter replacement. On average, HEPA filters need to be replaced every 12-18 months. Carbon filters need to be replaced every 3-6 months. Filter life will vary depending on air quality
2) Turn off the air purifier before attempting to replace the filter.
3) To replace the carbon filter, simply remove the old carbon filter and put the new carbon on the HEPA filter, using the plastic tabs as a guideline.
4) To replace the HEPA filter, discard the old HEPA filters. Insert the new HEPA filter into the unit, by sliding the top in first (see fig. 2). Put the carbon filter back on the HEPA filter.
5) Replace the front grill by first inserting the three tabs on the top of the front grill. Then swing in the bottom of the front grill and press grill firmly onto the unit until the grill locks into place against the main housing. Push side latches downward to lock on the front grill.
6) If you have models, HAP 570, 575 or 580 and have changed the filter, it is important to reset the LCD Filter Check. Using a thin small object (such as a paper clip or pen tip) to insert in reset hole, press once to reset the display to again show "0000".
Replacement filters can be purchased at a retailer near you or by calling 1-800-5-HOLMES or visit www.holmesproducts.com.
Note: Carbon and HEPA Filters are not washable and should be replaced at the recommended intervals.
Unit will not operate
? Check to make sure the unit is plugged in.
? Check to make sure the unit is on by pressing the ON/OFF button.
? If the door is ajar the unit will not operate. Make sure the filters are properly installed and firmly close the door.
Decreased air flow
? If the Filter Life Indicator is red, the HEPA filters need to be changed.
? If the filters have not been changed in a year or more, change the HEPA filters.
? Check to ensure nothing is blocking air inlet and filtered air outlet.
? Ensure carbon filters are changed every 3-6 months. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK
If you are not completely satisfied with your Holmes Harmony? Air Purifier, you may return it within 30 days to The Holmes Group, Inc. consumer service department. This guarantee is void if the product has been damaged or tampered with in any way. Please call 1-800-5-HOLMES for guarantee details.
1. Do NOT attempt to repair or adjust any electrical or mechanical functions on this unit. Doing so will void the Warranty.
2. If you need to exchange the unit, please return it in its original carton, with a sales receipt, to the store where you purchased it. If you are returning the unit more than 30 days after the date of purchase, please see the enclosed Warranty.
3. If you have any questions or comments regarding this unit's operation or believe any repair is necessary, please write to our Consumer Service Department or visit our website at www.holmesproducts.com.
THE HOLMES GROUP, INC.
CONSUMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT
32 B SPUR DRIVE
EL PASO, TX 79906
THREE (3) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
SAVE THIS WARRANTY INFORMATION
A. This Warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product.
B. This Warranty applies ONLY to repair or replacement of any supplied or manufactured parts of this product that, upon inspection by The Holmes Group, Inc. authorized personnel, is shown to have failed in normal use due to defects in material or workmanship. The Holmes Group will determine whether to repair or replace the unit. This Warranty does not apply to installation expenses.
C. Operating this unit under conditions other than those recommended or at voltages other than the voltage indicated on the unit, or attempting to service or modify the unit, will render this WARRANTY VOID.
D. Unless otherwise proscribed by law, The Holmes Group shall not be liable for any personal injury, property or any incidental or consequential damage of any kind (including water damage) resulting from malfunctions, defects, misuse, improper installation or alteration of this product.
E. All parts of this product excluding filters, which are covered under separate warranty, are guaranteed for a period of 3 years as follows:
1.Within the first 30 days from date of purchase, the store from which you purchased your product should replace this product if it is defective in material or workmanship (provided the store has in-stock replacement.) * If you intend to assert any claim in connection with the product, please follow the instructions in paragraph F.
2.Within the first thirty-six months from date of purchase, The Holmes Group will repair or replace the product if it is defective in material or workmanship, subject to the conditions in paragraph G.
F. If you have any other problem or claim in connection with this product, please write our Consumer Service Department.
G. IMPORTANT RETURN INSTRUCTIONS. Your Warranty depends on your following these instructions if you are returning the unit to The Holmes Group, Inc.:
1. Carefully pack the item in its original carton or other suitable box to avoid damage in shipping.
2. Before packing your unit for return, be sure to enclose:
a) Your name, full address with zip code and telephone number,
b) A dated sales receipt or PROOF OF PURCHASE,
c) Your $8.00 check for return shipping and handling, and
d) The model number of the unit and the problem you are having. (Enclose in an envelope and tape directly to the unit before the box is sealed.)
3.The Holmes Group recommends you ship the package U.P.S ground service for tracking purposes.
4.All shipping charges must be prepaid by you.
5.Mark the outside of your package:
THE HOLMES GROUP, INC.
32 B SPUR DRIVE
EL PASO, TX 79906
SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGES: $8.00
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state. The provisions of this Warranty are in addition to, and not a modification of, or subtraction from, the statutory warranties and other rights and remedies contained in any applicable legislation. To the extent that any provision of this Warranty is inconsistent with any applicable law, such provision shall be deemed voided or amended, as necessary, to comply with such law.